The MTL1-LR is the original "laser in the wall" used for direction in underground tunneling. This product has evolved over the laser 14 years. Range to 100m and 16mm diameter. Used extensively throughout underground mines in Australia. Made of stainless steel. Strength and simplicity. Please call for availability.
Holds slimmer 3x AAA batteries, this should be good for approx. 30 hours.
Protective window : Sapphire (scratch, chemical & dust proof)
Supplied with PVC Storage Case & PVC Sleeve.
Not suitable for use in explosive atmospheres.
- A length of PVC pipe (20mm OD, 16mm ID) with the back end sealed, is inserted in the hole. This becomes the permanent housing for the MTL. The Laser is turned on & inserted into the PVC pipe. A check is made to make sure that the MTL can be aligned to the target.
- The PVC pipe & laser are removed & the hole is 1/3 filled with chemical grout. The pipe & laser are reinserted so that the pipe is flush to the rock surface.
- As the grout cures, it may move the pipe slightly, so the laser and the laser dot should be resurveyed.
- The final bearing & dip as described by the MTL1 is calculated & recorded.
- The pipe is locked into position by the cured grout & is ready for subsequent use.